Art and Design KS4
Click here to view our Art and Design Intent Statement
Art and Design enables students to develop knowledge, understanding and skills through integrated practical, critical and contextual study that encourages direct engagement with original works and practice.
During the course students will:
- Develop their ideas through investigations informed by selecting and critically analysing sources
- Apply an understanding of relevant practices in the creative and cultural industries to their work
- Refine their ideas as work progresses through experimenting with media, materials, techniques and processes
- To record their ideas, observations, insights and independent judgements, visually and through written annotation, using appropriate specialist vocabulary, as work progresses
What will the students learn?
Develop their knowledge, understanding and skills, to include:
- drawing / mark-making
- experimenting with materials and techniques
- purposeful annotation
- researching contextual sources
- presenting and refining art work
(AOs) Assessment objectives- All assessment objectives are worth 25% of the marks given.
- AO1: Develop ideas through investigations, demonstrating critical understanding of sources (Artist Research).
- AO2: Refine work by exploring ideas, selecting and experimenting with appropriate media, materials, techniques and processes (Experimentation).
- AO3: Record ideas, observations and insights relevant to intentions as work progresses (Drawing from first hand observations/photography and annotations).
- AO4: Present a personal and meaningful response that realises intentions and demonstrates understanding of visual language (Final piece of art).