Our dress code means business
The following business attire will be the Dress Code for the WMG Academy.
KEY STAGE 4 – (YEARS 10 AND 11)
- Business suit in black or dark grey or dark navy blue non-patterned;
- Non-patterned collared white shirt with WMGA tie;
- Black formal business type shoes (plain black or dark brown upper and sole with no logos) made of either leather or man-made leather type material; trainers are not acceptable
- Black trainers are not acceptable;
- WMGA lanyard to be worn at all times (provided in September)
- WMGA tie – £9.50 available from the Academy
- Black, plain v necked jumper (optional)
- Business suit in black or dark grey; jacket, skirt/trousers/dress – separates are not acceptable;
- Trousers can be tailored but not figure hugging or skinny fit;
- Skirts/dresses must be of an appropriate length and fit; approximately knee length and not tight fitting.
- Non-patterned white tailored blouse;
- Black or brown formal business type shoes (plain black upper and sole with no logos) made of either leather or man-made leather type material. Shoes need to be enclosed and not be high heeled.
- Non-patterned natural tan or black tights may be worn with a skirt/dress – no leggings, if socks are being worn, these should be short ankle length.
- WMGA lanyard to be worn at all times (provided in September);
- WMGA tie is optional and available from the Academy at £9.50.
Hairstyles should be neat and conservative and in harmony with a professional business-style appearance.
In general, hairstyles should not be excessive or extreme, eg, they should not: –
- Be closely shaved (eg less than a grade 2) or have decoratively shaved patterns on the scalp;
- Have an unnatural hair colour, ie green/red/blue/pink/purple etc;
- Have a stepped style
- Be a ‘skin fade’.
If unsure, Parents/Carers should seek guidance from their son’s/daughter’s tutor about the suitability of a hairstyle BEFORE a visit to the hairdresser.
In a business-like working environment, with practical engineering curriculum opportunities, the only acceptable items of jewellery are:-
- a wristwatch (NB, smart watches are not permitted to be worn in either internal or external examinations)
- 1 pair of plain small earlobe studs. (Jewellery worn in other body piercings is not permitted for health and safety reasons and invisible piercing retainers should be used as appropriate).
No other jewellery should be worn including rings, wristbands or bracelets. If you have any queries please contact your son’s/daughter’s tutor.
No visible tattoos are permissible.
Make-up (including nail varnish, foundation, lip-stick, blusher, eye-shadow etc) should be natural and conservative and in harmony with a professional business-style appearance.