Getting Our Students Ready for Work
Our careers provision is second-to-none, helping all of our students’ progress on to apprenticeships, university or employment. Our aim is to ensure every student will experience a careers programme of activities that gives an insight into employability competencies, practical occupational knowledge and key recruitment skills to make sure they are equipped for life outside the academy.
- raising aspirations and increasing motivation by helping young people identify
educational and occupational goals
- demonstrating the relevance of the knowledge and skills learnt in subjects to
future opportunities in learning and working
- providing work enrichment opportunities including work experience, workplace
visits, guest speakers and site visits.
You can see our details of our Careers Programme below:
Careers Programme 2020 WMG Academy Solihull 2020-2021
Mrs Archer, the designated Careers Leader is on site five days a week and is
open to collaborating with potential employers and higher education institutions.
If you would like to work with us, or if you are a parent or prospective student with
questions, then please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Governor for Careers is Richard Earp.
As an academy we are committed to upholding the eight Gatsby benchmarks of
good career guidance. This includes:
- Preparation and support for work experience applications and apprenticeships
- University workshops delivered by professionals from Warwick and Coventry
- Guest speakers from various industries giving updates on apprenticeship
placements and company insights
- Visits and industry insights organised in collaboration with subject areas linking
curriculum to careers
In addition, the students receive daily news on various opportunities including
summer school programmes, subject masterclasses, open days, work
experience, career insights and current apprenticeships and employment
Our career plans are assessed three times a year using the Careers and Enterprise Compass evaluation tool to ensure we are in line with the Gatsby Benchmarks and to continually improve. We also routinely ask for feedback from teachers, employers, parents and students to understand the impact of our plans and target areas of improvement. Ultimately our goal is for every student to have a positive destination after our academy, which includes further and higher education, apprenticeships or employment.
The career plans are reviewed annually, the next review will be July 2021.
Try The Careerometer
Click on the widget below and type in a job title to find out information such as salaries and how many vacancies are predicted.